In live situations, the SPL5 MKII can be used to monitor sound pressure. If it is necessary, the SPL5 can switch off the mains voltage of the stage equipment if necessary. The band can be warned in advance by means of a light. In a non-live situation, that is, the music is played over the connected PA system, the SPL5 is connected between the mixing console and the power amplifiers. The measured microphone level is used to determine the output attenuation.
A new feature of the SPL5 is the ability to store sound pressure information in its internal memory. The data is stored for a period of two months. Thus, in addition to being a limiter, the SPL5 is also a decibel logger. Using the PC software, the data can be read from the limiter. Configuring the limiter is done with the same software. Before it is possible to make adjustments to the system, the software must be registered. This makes it impossible for unauthorized persons to modify the system.
With this software it is also possible to control and read the limiter over a computer network, and even over the Internet!
- Works according to the DATEQ SPL limiter principle
- Supports both live and electronic music
- Decibel logger in dB(A), dB(C) and 2 flexible Leq measurements
- 3 time slots per day
- Extensive fraud detection
- 180 day data storage
- Controllable over the Internet
- Works under Windows , XP, 7, 8 and 10
- Registration only necessary if the system needs to be modified