But the SPL3 has another feature. A measuring microphone is connected so that it has the possibility to measure the audio-level from live-bands etc. This measuring microphone makes the SPL3 the ideal limiter for live performances where the band uses its own PA system. When, in live mode, the sound-level exceeds the threshold, the limiter can give a warning to the band (with a flashing light). If the sound-level remains too loud for a longer period of time the limiter will activate the sanction output and can, if desired, cut-off the mains supply of the band.
The SPL3TS has a built in clock/ timer. This makes it possible to program a completely different sound level at different periods of the day. The built in calendar allows you to program a list of 10 dates to switch the limiter to bypass automatically. All these settings can be adjusted by using the PC-software.
Firmware 5.0 update
– Bypass calendar for entering bypass times and data
– Soft potmeters for disabling hardware
– Soft limits for range potentiometers
– Updated configuration software download link
– Update available for all existing SPL3TS MK2 models